Polk County’s government is joining forces with Redmond Regional Medical Center next week to get people who are eligible for a vaccine the opportunity to take part.
A vaccination clinic with 100 first doses of the Pfizer vaccine will be made available at the Nathan Dean Center at 604 Goodyear Ave., Rockmart, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
The following groups have eligibility status to get this vaccine. That includes:
- Healthcare workers
- First responders
- Anyone over the Age of 65
- A Polk School District employee or an educator living in Polk from another district in the area
- Adults with developmental disabilities
- Caregivers of adults with developmental disabilities
- Parents of children with complex medical conditions
A release announcing the availability of the first round dose for these eligible groups reported a second dose of the vaccine for those who received it on the March 17 clinic will be scheduled at the Nathan Dean Center in Rockmart.
Call to register at 678-246-5010. The phone line will be open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. until all available doses are claimed.
Here’s the full release: